THE HUNDRED ANNOUNCES 2023 FIXTURE DATES
Emirates Old Trafford will host its first fixture on Saturday 5 August, with the Manchester Originals men’s and women’s teams kicking off their competition against London Spirit.
More than half a million people attended games during The Hundred’s second year in 2022, including a record-breaking 271,000 watching live women’s fixtures across the competition and more families buying tickets than in 2021. Emirates Old Trafford also saw a record attendance of 52,000 across the four matches in 2022. Alongside world-class cricket, fans were treated to memorable performances from a diverse line-up of artists and DJs including headliners Bastille and The Lottery Winners, thanks to The Hundred’s ongoing partnership with BBC Music Introducing.
There will be an initial, exclusive window to purchase tickets from 1-14 March for anyone who has previously bought tickets for The Hundred. Those yet to attend can sign up in advance at thehundred.com for priority ticket access from 5–18 April. Tickets will then go on general sale on Saturday 20 April. Tickets this year remain great value in line with 2022 pricing, with prices set at £5 for juniors aged 6-15, free for children five and under, and adults starting from £10.
The Hundred Eliminator, where second- and third-placed teams fight it out for a place in the final, is set for Saturday 26 August at Kia Oval. The Final itself will take place on Sunday 27 August at Lord’s.
For the first time this year The Hundred will see both the men’s and the women’s competitions host a draft. The date The Hundred Draft is due to be held is Thursday 2 March. Deadline day – the day on which retained players are confirmed across both competitions – is set to be Thursday 16 February.
Manchester Originals and England Men's World Cup-winning captain Jos Buttler, said: “I’m really excited for The Hundred this year. The atmosphere is always brilliant, and with the music and the entertainment it’s an incredible event to take part in. I know it’s a competition that’s helped the game reach new fans and that’s a great thing to be a part of.”
Sophie Ecclestone, the world’s number one bowler and Manchester Originals star, said: “The first two years of The Hundred have been incredible. We know how much the Emirates Old Trafford crowd are behind us and I’m buzzing for that first ball to be bowled in August. As a team we picked up a lot of momentum towards the end of last season and hopefully we can start well this year and challenge at the top of the table."
Over 14.1 million people tuned in to watch The Hundred action in 2022 and games will again be broadcast live on Sky Sports and BBC broadcast and digital channels throughout the competition.
To stay up to date with the latest news, buy tickets or to sign up for priority access, visit thehundred.com or follow The Hundred, and the eight teams, on Instagram, TikTok and YouTube.
FIND OUT MORE INFO HERE
CHECK OUT THE MANCHESTER ORIGINALS FIXTURES BELOW:
- Wednesday 2 August: Welsh Fire vs Manchester Originals, Sophia Gardens, women 11:30, men 15:00
- Saturday 5 August: Manchester Originals vs London Spirit, Emirates Old Trafford, women 11:00, men 14:30
- Monday 7 August: Manchester Originals vs Birmingham Phoenix, Emirates Old Trafford, women 15:00, men 18:30
- Wednesday 9 August: Oval Invincibles vs Manchester Originals, Kia Oval, women 15:00, men 18:30
- Sunday 13 August: Northern Superchargers vs Manchester Originals, Headingley, women 11:00, men 14:30
- Thursday 17 August: Trent Rockets vs Manchester Originals, Trent Bridge, women 15:00, men 18:30
- Sunday 20 August: Manchester Originals vs Northern Superchargers, women 11:00, men 14:30
- Wednesday 23 August: Manchester Originals vs Southern Brave, Emirates Old Trafford, women 15:00, men 18:30
- Saturday 26 August: The Hundred Eliminator, Kia Oval, women 14:30, men 18:00
- Sunday 27 August: The Hundred Final, Lord’s, women 14:15, men 18:00